I love to eat masala dosa but dont like red colour masal.If you are going to Kerala you can see many hotels are serving red colured masala filled dosa.I dont like it .I love the traditional masala dosa ie,with potato masala..yes only potato!
My hubby used to say that this is my master piece recipe :)Yea Im confident to serve it for my guests..Yesterday I prepared it and served it with mint chutney coconut chutney and sambar
- Onion :1(big one)
- Green chilly:2
- Turmeric powder/manjal podi:1/4 tspn
- Ginger/inji:small piece
- Mustard/kaduku:1/4 tspn
- Urud dal:1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly:2
- curry leaves
- oil(I used coconut oil)
- Raw rice:1/2 glass
- idly rice:1/2 glass
- Urad dal:1/2 glass
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva):1/4 tspn
- Peel and cut the potatoes ginger and onion into small pieces
- Take a pan and cook the pieces with green chilly,salt and turmeric powder.Mash it well and keep aside
- Heat oil add mustard,when it splutters add urud dal,dry chilly and curry leaves mix the mashed potato onion mixture to it
- Wait for one minute until everythings get blended
- Soak raw rice,idly rice,fenugreek seeds and urud dal in enough water for 5 to 6 hours
- Grind it in to smooth paste
- Leave it over night
- While preparing dosa, mix it well and add salt.
- Heat the thawa and bring the flame in to medium and pur the batter in the center.
- Using the back of the ladle spread the batter in a circular motion.
- It should be thin
- Add a few drops of ghee and spread it
- When it turns golden brown dosa is ready
- Fill the dosa with masala and fold it .(2,3 spoon of masala is enough for one dosa)
- Serve it with sambar and chutny
It you love to bite potato dont mash it well while preparing masala