Even diabetic persons can take beetroot.sugar present in it is fat free and has a medium glycemic index.I used to prepare beetroot thoran(stir fry), juice ,Pachadi ,koottu etc..But I think Halwa is more delicious than any other recipe.
- Beetroot grated:2 cup
- Ghee:1/2 cup +1tspn
- Sugar:1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder/elakka podi:1/4tspn
- Cashew nuts:2tspn (chopped)
- Heat a pan with 1 tspn ghee.
- Roast the cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan,and add grated beetroot.
- Saute it for few minutes .
- Add milk and allow to boil .Once it boiled, keep the stove in low flame and allow to cook the beetroot in milk.
- When the mixture is going to dry ,add sugar.
- Stir it well and when it mix well with beetroot sprinkle cardamom powder and roasted cashews.
- Don’t dry the mixture completely.