Puttu is the iconic breakfast of Kerala.Kappa puttu is a traditional village recipe and people used to make it with sun dried tapioca flour.My grandma used to make it with boiled tapioca if she has some left overs..She never mixed it with rice flour and added jeera and grated coconut in it.I made some changes in her recipe and adapted an innovative idea from nisahomey .Thank you nisa chcehy for the tips
It is an easy and tasty puttu recipe and you can enjoy with any non veg curries.I served it with kerala fish curry I think chicken curry also will go well with this puttu.
- Boiled tapioca / Kappa puzhungiyathu : 1 cup
- Rice flour (roasted ) : 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Chop boiled tapioca and measure it in to one cup.
- Put it in to a dry grinder.Add in roasted rice flour and salt
- Pulse it for few seconds.Don't add water.
- Take the the puttu maker fill it with water and fill the mould with grated coconut and kappa puttu flour
- Cover it and steam it for few minutes..
- I used my chiratta puttu maker.