A traditional Kerala snack item!Healthy tasty and easy to prepare one.Rice flakes are rich in iron and fibers.Jaggery and coocnut combo make it more healthy.
- Aval / rice flaks : 3 cups
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Grated jaggery / vellam / sharkkara : 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder : 1/2 tspn
- Hot milk : 1/2 cup (As required )
- Mix aval/rice falkes with jaggery
- Now add grated coconut and mix it again
- Add cardamom powder and hot milk.
- Mix it well with your hand until all the ingredients have blended well
- Keep aside for 10 minutes and serve it with hot tea and banana
- I used white aval and pure jaggery.
- If you are using normal jaggery Boil it for few minutes with water and strain it.Then mix with Aval.
- You can add dry ginger powder/chukkupodi and jeera to it.
- If you prefer add more coconut
- You can use sugar instead of jaggery But this the healthier version
sending thios recipe to beulahs event