I'm a big fan of ulli vada.Ulli vada with a cup of hot tea!!!!I cant say NO..It is a spicy snack but with mild sweetness.!Without saying about my Achan(Dad) I cant go to the recipe.My Achan used to buy tasty ulli vada for me when I was young.Still I remember those days ...
Last week when my friend Sarika reminded me about this recipe I decided to prepare it.I got this recipe from her but I made some changes in measurements.Thank you Sari!
- Onion : 2 big
- Besan / kadala mavu : 5 tblspn
- Rice lour : 1 tblspn
- Chilly powder : 1/2 to 1 tspn
- Asafoetida /Kayam : A pinch
- Soda powder : A pinch
- Curry leaves (copped)1 tblspn
- Water : As required
- Slice the onion and keep aside.
- Mix all other ingredients except oil.
- Mix it well and add required amount of water to make a thick batter.
- Add sliced onion and mix it well so that the onion will coat well with batter.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Take one table spoon of batter and drop carefully to the oil(or shape with hand and drop it to the oil
- Fry it till it turn golden brown.
- Adding of rice flour is optional only
- This measurement is enough for 2 to 4 person