Again a chocolate cake recipe.Yea I'm a true lover of chocolate!Before I baked Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and Simple chocolate cake in my pressure cooker.But this time I tried it in oven.I selected recipe from Beulah's full scoop
I didin't make any change in the original recipe except in the quantity of coffee I used.And I was too lazy with no patience to do all other decorations ..Sorry Beulah..Simply I did a normal chocolate frosting.
- Maida : 1 3/4 cup
- Sugar : 2 cup
- Cocoa powder : 3/4 cup
- Baking soda : 2 tspn
- Baking powder : 1 tspn
- Butter milk : 1 cup
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- Salt : 1/2 tspn
- Egg : 2
- Vanilla essence : 1tspn
- Hot water : 1/2 cup
- Coffee powder : 2.5 tspn
- Butter : 1 cup
- Cocoa powder : 1/2 cup
- Icing Sugar / powdered sugar : 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence : 1/2 tspn
- Milk : 1 tspn(or as required)
- Sieve maida,cocoa powder,baking soda,salt and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Beat suagr and egg together.Add vanilla essence and beat it well till the egg are forthy
- Now add oil and butter milk one at a time and beat well
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients to it and mix well.
- Add the coffee powder to 1/2 cup of hot water.Add it to the batter and mix well
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C .
- Line and grease a 10"pan.(or bake it in batches,or use two cake pan)Cake will raise
- Pour the batter in to cake pan and bake it for 30 to 45 minutes.(mine took 40 minutes)
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to cooling racks and cool completely.
- I decorated with easy chocolate frosting.
- Mix cocoa powder,sugar,butter and vanilla essence.
- Make it in to a smooth paste,If necessary add milk
- Apply it on cooled cake with a knife