Rasam is an easy to prepare but very flaourful dish.It is good for stomach too.Garlic and cumin are best for reducing gas trouble.
.During my college days we got hot hot tomato rasam and Beef fry or vanpayar ularthiyathu(cow pea fry) from our hostel mess.Did u check my pepper rasam
- Tamarind:A small gooseberry size
- Chilly powder:1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Asafoetida/kayam:1/2 tspn
- Garlic:8 cloves
- Cumin seeds/jeerakam:1/2tspn
- Whole black pepper/kurumulaku:1/2 tspn
- Green chilly:2
- Coriander leaves:few
- Mustard seeds/kaduku:1/4 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds/uluva:1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly:1
- Curry leaves:few
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water.Take the juice filter and keep aside.
- Crush the cumin,pepper and garlic.
- Chop the tomatoes and mix it with tamarind juice,chilly powder,turmeric powder,salt and asafoetida.
- Add crushed mixture of cumin pepper and garlic to it.
- Add 1.5 cup of water and check the salt.
- Let it boil and now keep the stove in low flame.
- Now heat the pan with oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add fenugreek seeds,and dry red chilly.
- Add curry leaves and pour it to the rasam.
- Remove it from fire.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- you can avaoid green chilly and chilly powder.I prefer little bit hot rasam.don"t over boil the rasam.