It is my Hubby's favourite dish .So i tried different methods and collected recipes from net,friends and even from collegues.But I couldnt make a perfect restaurent style Biriyani.After doing lots of experiments I finalized this recipe for that i got super compliments from my hubby and also from others.I can promise you if you are trying this recipe result will be colourful.Hope you will like it
My readers are asking for step wise pictures especially for those dishes having long process like chicken biriyani.So I updated with new pics .Sorry for the picture clarity I dont have enough light in my kitchen so it is verydifficult to take cooking pics.Anyway somewhat I managed.Hope this will be helpful for you!!!!Here is the recipe my version...
- Basmati rice:2 cup(I used 200ml cup)
- patta/cinnamon:1 small piece
- Oil:1 teaspoon
- ghee:1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice:1/2 tspn
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder:1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder:1 teaspoon
- coriander powder:1 tspn
- Biriyani masala:1 tspn(I used Eastern )
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tspn
- Lemon juice
- Onion :3 big ones
- Tomato:2 medium
- Coriander powder:1 tspn
- Biriyani masala:1.5 tspn
- Green chilly:2
- Salt:To taste
- Coriander leaves:One hanadful
- Mint leaves:One hanadful
- Curry leaves:One hanadful
- Ghee:1/2 table spoon
- Oil:4 table spoon
- Cashew nuts,kismis:One hand full
- fried onion:1 big
- Soak basmati rice for 15 to 30 minute and drain the water completely
- To the pressure cooker add oil and ghee then frycinnamon,clove and elakkaycardamom
- Now add rice and fry it for a minute .Add water salt and lemon juice.
- Close the lid and one whistle is enough.
- Keep aside
- Clean the chicken and marinate with all the marination ingredients .
- Cook the marinated chicken pieces for 5 minutes in a closed kadai.Chicken itself containing water but we have to add 1/4 glass of water.
- After 5 minutes take the chicken pieces from the gravy and fry it in the oil
- Keep the fried piecs in the same gravy
- Add ghee and oil to the kadai(I used the same oil which i used for frying the pieces)
- Fry the onion till it turns brown
- Add green chilly andd tomatoes
- Saut it well
- Now add curry leaves,mint leaves and coriander leaves and cook it for one minute
- Add biriyani masala coriander powder,and salt
- Add fried chicken pieces with the gravy.You can adjust it by adding water.Cook till the chicken is done
Layering of biriyani
- Take a biriyani pot or vessel and grease it with ghee.
- Now put one layer of masala init.On the top of it spread one layer of rice.
- Then spread fried cashew, kismis ,onion and 2,3 drops of ghee.
- Repeat this until the rice and masala finished.
- Cover the vessel tightly and keep it on a thawa.Leave it for a 15 minutes in very low flame..
- Yummy delicious biriyani is ready.Serve with pickle,raitha and pappadam
Sending this recipe to Cook up some main dishes
- Traditionally coriander seeds are using in biriyani instead of powder and in some areas pepole wont use coriander seeds or powder in biriyani.If you are not using it add more biriyani masala ie,3 to 4 tspn
- If you are not using biriyani masala make it in home for that make the following ingredients in powder form or grind it with ginger and garlic :
- cinnamon : 1 stick
- Star anise : 2
- Fennel : 1 tspn
- Shahjeera/karimjeerakam : 1 tspn
- Cardamom : 5
- Clove : 5