Cherupayar thoran/Green gram stir fry
Rice porridge (kanji)with green gram stir fry(cherupayar thoran) is a healthy combination. Green gram is rich in vitamin A, B ,C and E and it is a low fat food with high protein content. We used to prepare it for our dinner if we had a heavy lunch.
- Green gram/cherupayar:1/2 cup
- Grated coconut:1/4 cup
- Garlic chopped:1/4tspn
- Green chilly:3
- Mustard seeds/kaduku:1/4tspn
- Dry red chilly:2
- Curry leaves
- Wash the green gram and pressure cook it for 2, whistle(depends on your cooker)by adding enough water and salt.
- Combine grated coconut,shallots,garlic and green chilly together and crush it by using a mortar and pestle(or give a quick grind in your mixer).
- Heat the pan with the oil and add dry chilly, give a quick fry.
- Add mustard when it splutters add curry leaves .
- Add the coconut mixture and sauté it well.
- Add the cooked green gram and mix it well and switch off the gas.